First stop was my favorite miniature supplier, my local dollar store. They usually have these bins of cheap plastic bugs right up front. I used some cockroaches in a previous post to create a band of post-apocalyptic bug-men. I've seen similar bins at toy stores and craft stores, but for three to ten times the price. A dollar and sixteen cents later, I am the proud owner of a little plastic bag full of centipedes. Centipedes are inherently horrifying, that's science.
Since I detailed the process in this post, I'll not run through whole boil, bend, shock process again here. Pictures below are pretty self explanatory. Behold! Click to embiggen.
A dollar and about an hour later, and we have a handful of minis more or less ready to go. I repainted the base edges black, and then hit the bugs with some spray gloss to make them nice and shiny. The paintjob is pretty bad, but works from a small distance. Under closer scrutiny, I didn't let the primer dry enough before I started painting, because I am tragically impatient. Additionally, the toothbrush bloodspatter is a bit heavy. I wanted them to look a little grisly, since they are burrowing creatures, erupting upward through the meat below - but I think it was a bit much in hindsight. Anyhow, a dollar and an hour later, five minis, ready to go.